Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lets Run Away to Coron 3rd and Last Day


Dear Future Me,

    Everything's became unpredictable and not going to what I plan, which is to enjoy the last day fully by scuba diving and lagoon bumming in Coron loop. And the thing is, the best thing about not knowing about what's going to happen always have more impact and enjoyment than those of what we foresee.



    That morning, i still felt dizziness, got to throw up couple of times, haven't ate the breakfast, and i feel awful and frightened not able to scuba dive that day. 


    Then, we headed to Coron Divers, (the only Filipino  owned diving services in Coron as per them) (kuya Red endorse us to go with them), got the package of 3.3k for 2 discover dives with Coron Loop boat ride and free lunch. It's actually a good deal, since the boat ride and the meal is included plus the discover dive. Sir Arnie Pabelonio is our dive master, his son Mike is also our dive master, got us to do some dive briefing, hand gestures, to do's and don'ts, had to fits the gears (wet suits and fins) then were ready to go. Before we arrived to the boat, I had a chance to buy a banana fling, just to help me rid of the hangover, well luckily it help, haven't eat anything that time, so it was a relief. 




    After a couple of minutes, we arrived at our 1st destination, which is the Kayangan Lake, Coron's most popular destination. This lake is gorgeously exquisite, the fresh water surrounding some island fragments blending the color of blue and green, the tree's, rocks, lake, it's one of a hell(i mean heaven) mother earth had created. Got to trek up and the forest up and down just to get the real deal, the lake. Luckily, it's was a sweaty trek, I think that time, I got rid of the alcohol in my system, so I'am becoming something, the fire is burning in my heart, enthusiastically becoming the wild person I'am. We all started to get wild, owning the moment, snorkeling and free swimming the area. We even had to jump somewhere there, though it wasn't that high, cause the rocks was a bit sharp, but it was effin fun. I got to practice my diving skills, but i still can't get deep, only a few feet, then my body automatically floats. Urghhh I wish I was as good as Mike, he was fucking awesome, free diving deeply and stay there for a couple of minutes. He even take us pictures underwater, and he's willing to do it for free, he doesn't look irritated by us cause we' request many things, he looks nice and enjoying our craziness. He's good with conversing and giving us our precious picture moments under water. Kudos to Mike, better buy him a beer next time.



    After hours, (yep we linger there for hours) we headed directly to Sunset Beach which we were going to pursue our 1st diving endeavor. We ate our lunch which they've prepared (Parrot Fish, some chicken tinola, kinilaw? i forgot). Then, the moment we've been waiting for, the diving experience. Our group divided into 2, so they can clearly trained us well and be mindful of what were going to do. I've got to dive the 2nd turn, expecting to be bored but wait, they even offered us they're Kayak boats for free to roam around the beach. It was a bonus for us, having to Kayak around the island was precious, the tides was calm, perfect for that moment.




    Using the oxygen tank for the first time was frightening, I admit that I got somewhat panic but got to managed using it for a couple of minutes under water. Yeah that's the first step they've taught us, familiarizing using the oxygen tank, before they teach us the basic steps for diving. Mask clearing, regulating, equalizing under water, this ain't no joke and be serious learning all of this, its a life to go situation. Just be relax and always be mindful of everything your diving master is telling you, then you can do it properly without haste of course. I've managed to do it properly that's why i manage to enjoy every moment under water looking at creatures that you don't usually see closely. Fishes roaming around you, big clams pumping (haven't thought it), the moment was one of a kind and unforgettable. A life achievement I've got my whole life living.






    After a while resting, we headed to our 2nd dive, the Skeleton Wreck, much deeper than the 1st one. Here I have to equalize very often, the pressure is real. I have witness to see it clearly, the feeling was enormous, seeing a big ship surrounded with corals all over it, hugely exquisite thing I've ever saw.



    I wish my action cam is still working that time. I just can't get enough, I want more from it. It was the best day of my life. There's a lot more Ship Wrecks around Coron that I will be back to witness. I promise I will be back.



    I'm really into pursuing to get an Open Water diving license after this experience. I know to myself that i need to explore the other ship wrecks Coron has to offer, and the whole Philippines and lastly around the world.

    All I can say is, I'm into the path I like to live with, and I'm happy walking towards it.


No comments:

Post a Comment